- 3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (265 g) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature (or full-fat Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups (195 g) confectioners sugar, sifted
- 5–6 tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon Greek yogurt, to thicken the glaze (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
2. Take your loaf pan, grease the bottom, and line it with parchment paper. Let the paper hang over the sides to facilitate removal.
3. Mix together sugar and lemon zest with your hands in a stand mixer bowl.
4. Add butter to the bowl and whisk together until it gains a fluffy texture.
5. Slowly start adding and mixing in your eggs.
6. Finally, add and mix in your vanilla.
7. In a different bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
8. Alternate adding the flour mixture, sour cream, and whole milk to the stand mixer bowl. Combine the mixture on low speed.
9. Take the remaining flour and combine it with some blueberries. Add them to the batter, but be careful not to over mix.
10. Add the batter to the loaf pan.
11. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
12. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes.
13. Take it out of the pan and let it cool for longer on a wire rack.
14. To prepare the glaze, whisk together confectioners sugar, milk, and vanilla.
15. Add a tablespoon of Greek yogurt to the glaze to make it thicker.
16. Drizzle the glaze over the cake.