Imagine yourself on a hot summer afternoon, enjoying a piece of this wonderful cake. Vibrant yellow colors and an enticing lemon scent fill the air as you take your first bite.
As the moist cake crumbles and melts in your mouth, you are instantly transported to a sunny citrus grove. The refreshing lemon zest dances on your taste buds, perfectly balanced by the smoothness of cream cheese.
This simple yet captivating recipe is a testament to the joy of simple desserts that provide comfort and enjoyment.
- 1 (16 oz.) can lemon pie filling
- 1 (15 oz.) package yellow cake
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, thinly sliced
How To Make 4 Ingredients Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a square baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Pour lemon pie filling into the bottom of greased baking dish, making sure to spread it into the corners.
- Top with 1/2 cake mix, place cubed cream cheese evenly on top, then sprinkle remaining cake mix.
- Take butter pats (as thinly sliced as possible) and place them in a single layer on top of the cake mix, trying to cover as much of the surface of the cake as possible.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15-20 minutes before serving.