This quick and easy Shrimp Fried Rice recipe is perfect for those nights when you need a delicious meal on the table in a hurry. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover white rice you might have.
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. mince garlic
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups of frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp. Sliced green onions
How To Make Shrimp Fried Rice
- Wash and rinse your shrimp and set to the side.
- Cook your white rice as directed, set to the side.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat, and add the oil and minced garlic.
- Stir for the garlic 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the peas mixture and shrimp in the saute pan and toss to combine, cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl add your sesame oil and soy sauce , stir to combine.
- Stir in the white rice and soy sauce sesame mixture.
- Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Push rice shrimp mixture to one side of the skillet.
- Add the egg to the saute pan and stir the egg constantly until almost fully cooked, then fold into rice mixture.
- Garnish with green onions.