Pecan Pie Brownies are one of those easy recipes to make and a wonderful dessert any time of year, but especially around the holidays. The brownies are a decadent and rich treat that you are going to fall in love with and will become one of your favorite desserts.
- (Use a box of brownie mix, or use the following ingredients for homemade brownies)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon flour (for tossing chocolate chips)
Pecan Pie topping
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups pecans
How To Make Pecan Pie Brownies
Preheat oven to 350-degrees
Grease a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
Brownies (if not using a boxed brownie mix)
- Sift the flour, salt, and cocoa and set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs (one at a time) to a large bowl. Mix together.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle the tsp of flour over the chocolate chips in a small bowl and toss. Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes. Set aside.
Pecan Pie Topping
- Add the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and melted butter to a medium-sized bowl. Mix together.
- Add the pecans and stir until all are covered.
- Pour over the brownies and spread out gently.
- Bake again for 25-30 minutes until done.
If you are using a boxed mix, bake the brownies the same amount of time in each step.
TIP: You can use parchment paper in the baking dish to help lift the brownies out after cooling.