If you’re in the mood for some Italian, this Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs recipe is perfect. The best part? It only takes less than one hour from start to finish.
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 1l bGround beef
- 2tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3tsp Minced garlic
- 1tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1jar Pasta sauce
- 3c water
- 1lb Spaghetti pasta
- 1 can diced tomatoes
How To Make Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Add the oil to the bottom of the Instant Pot, and turn to saute.
- Saute the onions until softened.
- Stir in the meat, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Saute until the meat is cooked through. Drain the excess far, and scrape the meat mixture out of the Instant Pot. Set aside for later.
- Turn the saute function off, and pour half of the water into the Instant Pot.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half, and layer them in an “x” pattern in the bottom of the pot.
- Cover the spaghetti noodles completely with the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes and remaining water. Be sure the noodles are submerged completely.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and set it to sealing.
- Cook on manual high for 5 minutes.
- Allow a natural release for 5 minutes once finished, and then carefully push the valve to the venting position to release the remaining pressure.
- Once able to, open the lid, return the meat mixture to the Instant Pot, and stir everything to combine well before serving.