Grandmother’s Buttermilk Cornbread – Here’s how to make the most delicious cornbread you’ve ever tasted. You’ll love serving this with chili or stew, or fresh peas, or simply to eat hot from the oven with loads of sweet butter.
- 8 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
- ½ C. Granulated sugar
- 1 C. Yellow cornmeal
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 C. Buttermilk
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 C. All purpose flour
- Salt to taste
How To Make Grandmother’s Buttermilk Cornbread
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together all of the ingredients except for the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Place the butter into an oven safe skillet on the stove, and melt it over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, remove the skillet from the heat, and pour the batter into it. Whisk the batter in with the butter until well combined.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until browned and cooked through.