Mexican street corn is a popular dish in Mexico, but it has also become popular in the United States and Canada. The dish has been adapted to suit different tastes by adding other ingredients like bacon or jalapeños. It can be eaten as an appetizer or as part of a meal with other dishes such as tacos or burritos.
- 4 ears of corn, husks removed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup of cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- Preheat grill to 400˚F. Place ears of corn until grill for about 12 minutes, turning around every few minutes to ensure even grilling on each side.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, cotija cheese, garlic, lime zest and juice, and cilantro.
- Spread mixture evenly over each ear of corn, then sprinkle with chipotle chilli powder. Top with extra cotija cheese and chopped cilantro and serve.