- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 10oz grape tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + black pepper
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
1. To make the pesto chicken: Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Toss cherry tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread the grape tomatoes in one layer. Roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes until blistered while preparing the chicken.
2. Season the chicken breasts on all sides with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken breasts until browned on the edges and cooked through – about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- 4. In the same skillet cook onion, until slightly caramelized, adding a little oil if necessary. Add garlic to the onion and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
5. Add pesto and give it a quick stir to combine with the onion. Then pour in the whipping cream, stir gently and bring to simmer.
6. Add the cooked chicken and roasted tomatoes to the skillet and reheat for a couple of minutes. Serve the creamy pesto chicken with roasted tomatoes immediately.