- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature, divided [1/2 and 1/2]
- 1-2 (4 ounce) cans of green peppers
- 3 cups cooked grated chicken
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, grated, divided [1 cup; 1 cup)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander, garnish, optional
How To Make Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with a little nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix half cream cheese, chicken, cup of cheese, lemon juice, cumin and chili powder, and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Take 1 tortilla and fill it with 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture, then place the seam side on the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortilla and the filling.
- In saucepan on medium heat, dissolve butter. Beat in flour & cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper, then gradually beat in the chicken and green pepper broth. Add the remaining half of the cream cheese and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from heat and pour green chilli sauce over the enchiladas.
- Putting rest cheese on top.
- Placing baking dish in oven and baking for 23-26 minutes.
- Optional: roast for 3-5 minutes, or until it’s light brown.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10-12 minutes
- Garnish with fresh coriander, optionally