Think of the rich, creamy, indulgent joy of Fettucine Alfredo. Good. Now, imagine you have layers upon layers of it and some melty mozzarella, chicken, and spinach to round things out. That’s our Chicken Alfredo Lasagna for you.
- 12-15 lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, minced, for serving (optional)
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a separate 9×13-inch pan or other long and shallow dish, arrange the uncooked lasagna noodles. Pour hot water over them until noodles are submerged and set aside to soak while you work on the rest of the lasagna. Let sit at least 30 minutes, agitate occasionally with your hands to prevent sticking.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, followed by onion. Cook until onion becomes translucent, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in spinach and cook briefly until spinach wilts.
- Add heavy cream, basil, and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then stir in Parmesan and ricotta until melted. Stir in chicken and remove from heat. (If mixture is too liquidy, you can simmer for a few minutes to thicken.)
- Add a spoonful of the Alfredo mixture to the bottom of your prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Arrange a layer of noodles over the sauce.
- Top first layer of noodles with about a third of the Alfredo mixture, followed by a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers until you’ve used up your ingredients, mozzarella should be your top layer.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and broil to brown cheese, if desired, 2-3 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!