This is a delicious twist to broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole, and is VERY easy to make. You can also cut this in half. I use the 1 can cream of mushroom soup when I make half. You can also leave out the onion. It just gives it a little added flavor, but is still very good without it.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 pound processed cheese food
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Step 3In a 9×13 inch baking dish, mix the prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and processed cheese.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly.